Tuesday, July 6, 2010

kidney beans, a folate suprise

I didn't know this but 177 grams of cooked kidney beans have got 58% of your daily folate requirements! I'm going to continue looking up folate rich foods and kick these folate tables I'm taking for pre-pregnancy. I am just hating the idea of being dependent on some manufactured pills that are supposed to help me produce a 'healthy baby'. In effect all it is doing is welcoming the baby to a world of pill popping instead of sensible and educated eating. Oh how I hate what's become of us at the hands of the pharmaceutical companies. It's all driven by fear this pregancny vitamin popping. Scared I don't get enough vitamins through my diet... well if we didn't farm all of them out of our fruit and veggies we wouldn't have a problem now would we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment